Wednesday, January 16, 2019

{Post 1,600} Earth Shattering!

This is my sixteeen hundredth post!!  Time flies!

I did not know this post would be such a a significant number. But it is. At least to me. I have made friends through my blog. I guess you can say I am celebrating by sharing the decluttering of my sewing room. I’ve made visible progress and have the motivation to go through every box and bobbin. Nothing is safe. I have been giving things away, donating them, and selling some of my quilts.

I found 4 things today that I have been looking for for over a year. I am looking forward to deeper cleaning, but all in good time. It was so bad that I didn’t even know where to look for the missing items.

Here are two areas of my room that are vastly improved. One is right inside the door to the left. Previously the entire floor was covered about 3 feet out from the bookshelf edge, forcing the office chair even further into the narrow walkway and making the bottom shelf unreachable.























The other area of excitement is the floor in front of my cutting table. not only did I find a box of clothes my husband has been looking for for months, I can actually walk there w/o threat of harm to my person. I can see the carpet and vacuum there!!






















I guess it was a reward, but when I took two large bins of stuff to donate, I was thinking I would like to have a nice plant stand for my baby-but-growing spider plant. As I walked up to the thrift store, I saw this outside for $3. It is now living in my sewing room. I am going to paint the base white.


No comments: