Tuesday, January 9, 2018

{Post 1,570} Be. Our. Guest.

With our segue into empty nesting, we have changed our rooms up a bit. We have made Rachel's bedroom into our main guest room. We have moved a queen-size bed in there. She will live in the dorm this, her last semester. Once she graduates, she will be down in her room again until she gets married on August 18, 2018.

As you might recall, I painted this room Dover white (it had been grape popsicle). With the addition of the bed, easy chair, and side tables, it looked a little bland. I was so hesitant about putting things up on the walls. I wanted it perfect from the get-go. So I hemmed and hawed for ages. 

I finally decided upon and made this sign. The words are cream-colored contact paper. Easily removable and replaceable if I want. I am going to eventually put a coat of polycrylic on it so it will match the bed frame better. I. Love. It. I got the idea from a friend's blog, The Frugal Housewife. I made some changes in construction, but the seed idea was hers.


2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Love that sign!

Ruth said...

I couldn't read the quote. BTW, August 18 is a very good date!! We were married 8/18/1962.