Monday, November 23, 2015

{Post 1,503} Isaac's Quilt


Every quilt has a story.  I bought the blue fabric for the 9-patches for this because I like the fabric so much.  You need to know that that is very unusual for me.  I have about 100 bolts of fabric at my house that I used to sell online.  Most are Thimbleberries.  I don't usually pick what I like--I just use what I have.  "Like" doesn't have much to do with it.  But I liked the blue.  So I made all the 9-patches, and they sat.

Then I decided to add alternate blocks of upcycled men's shirts.  I made one straight set with green and cream 9-patches for my BIL and his wife.  I set this one on point.

Here I am attaching the binding to the front on my Janome Memory Craft 6500.  This machine has served me well.



Here is my label.  Isaac (my baby--the son for whom the quilt was made) is very tall.  He is 6' 2" now, and seems to still be growing.  He wanted a quilt that he could wrap up in, up to his shoulders and over his feet.  This one is 81" wide and 109" long.  That should do it!


Here's my happy guy wrapped in his just-finished quilt.



4 comments:

The Civil War Quilter said...

Great quilt. Love the use of plaids! Your son looks very happy with it. That's why we quilt, right?

Leeanne said...

a fabulously long large quilt!

Ruth said...

It looks like a perfect quilt for your "baby!" Isn't it amazing how those babies grow up so fast? My first baby just had his 50th birthday. Yikes!!!!

Kath said...

What a smashing quilt, I love plaid. It's proud owner certainly looks happy.