Tuesday, October 7, 2014

{Post 1,437} One Down, Seven To Go


I have made my eight children Christmas ornaments for many years.  I don't remember when I started, but then I don't remember most things.


When we were at the quilt show last weekend, my husband asked what I was doing for the kids' ornaments this year.  I told him I had purchased some laser-cut wooden stars.  I was going to paint them with glitter gold paint and be finished with it.  He inferred that that wasn't bringing my "A" game.  Soon thereafter we saw some paper-pieced ornament patterns at the show.  They finish 3-1/2" square.  

I made this one tonight.  I did a single-fold binding, and I love the way it looks.  I hand-sewed the ends of the binding together, as getting such a small piece under my sewing machine foot would've taken a miracle.


I will attach a jute hanger with a couple small upcycled shirt buttons.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Now you're talking!! : )
BTW, I always use single fold binding on my minis. That is the way to go when going small.

Ruth said...

Very pretty! I am making wool appliqué mini stockings for my grandchildren - from a kit. I have some of the prep work finished, so now I need to start the hand stitching.

momtofatdogs said...

THIS IS SO CUTE JOAN!!!!

SAM