Thursday, September 18, 2014

{Post 1,422} Stop Me Now!

Heaven help me--I have started another new project!  I think I need to go back to the beginning of this train wreck and start finishing my UFOs.  

When I went to the discount fabric store on Tuesday, I had in mind getting a natural-colored muslin for a shirt disappearing hourglass quilt.  I got 10 yards for $2.10 a yard.  Score!  The good thing is that the warehouse sells bolts at inexpensive prices.  The bad thing is that they don't cut any fabric...one has to buy the whole bolt.  They had some clearanced muslin at $1.65 a yard, but it was a 20-yard bolt.  Yea, yea--I know I'd use it eventually, but...

While I was there, I saw this jelly roll for <$10.  It was colors I don't usually work with, so I thought, "That would be fun!"  When I opened the jelly roll (which I had not closely inspected at the warehouse), I saw that all the creams were one color, and the others were not varied.  All the greens were the same print, and the blues were just 3 prints.  That sent me on a search.  Here is what I'm going to make with them...



I found this easy chevron-from-jelly-rolls quilt.  It will be bright and cute, and allow me to use up all these fabrics instead of having them languishing in my stash (not like that's ever happened around here).

There is no baby sitting in my life for the next 4 days, so I'm going to sew, Sew, SEW!!!!  When I'm not doing things with my son and husband, of course.  ;)

My husband works out of our house all day tomorrow, so I just need to keep Isaac busy.  

No comments: