Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{Post 1,381} Insomnia, Stitches, and Peacocks



What a night!  After my post last night, we watched a movie while I unsewed the middle block from the coloring book quilt and glass-etched a set of baking pans for a wedding shower Saturday.  (I rarely just SIT).

Just as we were going to bed at 11 PM (which is late for me), I remembered that I had left a load of laundry in the washer.  Heavens!  A cardinal sin around these here parts.  So I sat and hand-sewed in the laundry room while that load dried.  I made some progress on my GFG.  Then I could.  not.  sleep.  I seriously tried.

To make a long story short, I didn't go to bed until 3:30 and did not fall asleep until after 5.  Still got up at 8.  I tried to nap a while ago and only slept 20 minutes.  What's wrong here??

The up side is that I now have 5-1/2 blocks on the mother ship (as shown above) and have basted numerous diamonds and my whole next block is basted and ready to assemble.  

Just now I selected fabrics for the next 2 blocks to go in the spaces on the board above so I can attach them to the mother ship as I am calling it when they are pieced.  This is going so well.  I can't explain it, but I get great satisfaction from making things.  Especially small things.  Especially small pretty things.  People who don't sew or do crafts just do not get it.    Poor them!

I am machine quilting peacock feathers in the sashings of my friend's quilt.  I have had some thread breakage issues, but not nearly as many as before replacing the needle with a smaller one.  I will get back to that after my next post.


2 comments:

Teresa said...

So sorry for your lack of sleep, but you Mother Ship is looking wonderful!

Ruth said...

Well, at least you made progress while not sleeping. That is so frustrating! I am the same about making things. I just have to have something to work on and can't stop thinking about what I will do next.