Monday, July 21, 2014

{Post 1,379} Baby Quilt



My daughter, Elisabeth (the new mother) colored the blocks for this quilt and pieced it about 10 years ago.  The blocks were copied from a favorite coloring book of the children's.

I found it and had an idea.  I asked a friend (RJ) to embroider the block in the second picture to replace the striped block in the top picture.  RJ has a fantastic machine embroidery machine.  

In the picture, the quilt top is lying atop my queen-sized bed.  

Do any of you know how to "set" crayon-colored blocks for permanency (is that even a word)?  I'm all ears.

This will be a nice little surprise for Elisabeth.  She is out of town visiting extended family and friends for about a week, so I'm going to try to piece a back from my I Spy collection and surprise her with it soon.  Maybe when Timmy turns one??  That won't be soon, but may be more realistic!!


2 comments:

Phyllis said...

If you put paper towel over the crayon and use your iron to heat set it you should be fine. Watch to see that no more color appears on the towel. This is how I set the crayon. Looks really cute.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely idea. Here are some instructions on heat setting.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5072688_heat-set-crayon-quilts.html