Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{Post 1,334} She's Still Alive!


It has been so long since I've posted.  Everyday life has been very daily lately.  

I stayed home from church tonight because of my cough, so I added a little to one of my Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks.  I don't even know where the other ones are right now!  Still packed away somewhere.

This past Monday I got up at 5:30 AM to make an 8-hour trip for my husband's company to pick up something in Atlanta and delivery it to Charlotte.  When I got up, I had just the very beginning of an allergic reaction rash.  It was popping up as I watched, so I took Benadryl every 6 hours all day and just slept the whole day away.

Today I have been coughing so much that my throat and chest hurt.   

I did a little hand sewing tonight.  If I have the energy tomorrow, I hope to reorganize some things in my bedroom (my new sewing space) so I can access the things I need to get some sewing done.

Elisabeth's room is all but finished.  Handles on the closet doors, ceiling fan assembled and installed, and a little touch-up painting, and it will be finished.  It turned out so lovely.

I have committed to watching my grandson once Elisabeth goes back to work (about 8 weeks after he is born).  I will watch him full-time until he is mobile (crawling well and/or walking), and we'll see if I can keep it up then.  She has looked into a day care setting if I end up needing it.  I am so glad to be able to help her and proud of her decision to raise her son.  What a trooper she is!  I love her.

While that may mean much less time to call my own, what is more important than supporting family?

5 comments:

Elisabeth Parker said...

:)

Ruth said...

Yes. You are right! And being a Grandma is so wonderful! Hope you are feeling better. When you didn't post for a while, I just knew you were very busy with all the remodeling, etc.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

momtofatdogs said...

I will forever treasure the time I got to spend watching my grandson while my daughter went to school for her masters degree. I was so accustomed to having him 3 & 4 times a week (him to) that I miss him terribly now because I only get to see him everyother week!

Michelle said...

I agree...family support is incredibly important and I'm sure your daughter appreciates all you are doing for her! Hope you are feeling better by now! Keep us posted.