Thursday, August 8, 2013

{Post 1,234} Quilting Finished...On To Binding!

I have just enough of the backing fabric (a favorite navy Moda with little stars with blue dots in the center) for binding.  It's what's left on the sides and the end of the quilt.  I am going to do the back to front all by machine style.  

That will have to wait a couple weeks though.  We are making a trip to Florida to celebrate our anniversary with our daughter, whose anniversary is on the same day as ours.  Twenty-five years for us, and two for her :)

Then we are hosting a family for 5 days.  I might be able to squeeze binding time in there somewhere.  You know I'll try!

It was hard to get a picture of the quilting.  I used a light blue thread, and it was such a good choice!  It blended very well.  I like the quilting pattern and can picture using this one in various scale often in the future.  It feels so good to have another pattern in my very limited arsenal!!




2 comments:

Ruth said...

I love it! And the light blue thread looks great with it. It makes me want to get going on mine, but I HAVE to do other things first.

Gypsy Quilter said...

It's a beauty to be sure. Have a very safe trip!