Tuesday, March 26, 2013

{Post 1,143} Cell Phone Pouch and Chalkboard

Last night I became aware of e-patterns that were $1 each, so I took a look.  I had tremendous self-control and only ordered 3.  One was for a cell phone pouch.  I have lost my phone in my tote bag countless times.  I'll be digging frantically for it when someone is calling, only to find it after the call has gone to voice mail.

I didn't have elastic thread or even a snap to finish this.  My phone is in it in the picture.  It is supposed to fasten over one of the handles on the tote bag.  My phone fits rather snugly, but that's OK.  At least it won't go shooting out like a rocket.  I will get some elastic thread on my next trip out.



This is a project that I hope is ready by Sunday.  It was a picture of a bouquet of flowers.  It's 16" x 20".  The glass is behind the paint box. 

The frame has lovely detail.  I have admired the chalkboard art around and about.  I have resisted up until now.  I painted the glass that came with the picture with black Rustoleum chalkboard paint.  The second picture shows the frame up close.





3 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is very pretty frame detail. What a fun idea to make it a chalkboard. I am really out of the chalk art loop. : )

My name is Riet said...

What a nice blog. I am going to follow you.

Ruth said...

Was the cell phone holder pattern on Craftsy? I bought a really cute pattern on Craftsy for a mug rug with a chicken on it for $1.99. I made one for my sister as her birthday is coming up. Last year I made a cell phone holder that I got the pattern for out of a magazine. I made it for when I wear clothes with no pocket and I sewed a piece of strapping on the inside of my pants waistband so the cell phone holder clasp can hang there. My purse has a pocket for the cell phone, but now I need to switch to my warm weather purse and it doesn't have as many pockets. I like your chalkboard!