Thursday, February 21, 2013

{Post 1,121} Scrappy Selvage String Spiderweb Top Finished


Pushed through yesterday afternoon to get both the outer borders on this quilt.  I already have a quilting pattern in my brain, so I might get started on quilting this soon.  It is about 80" square.

Here is an all-over shot and 2 close-ups:




My plan here was to 1.  use selvages.  2.  use up a bunch of the bright blue fabric (which the back will be made from as well).  3.  make a rainbow theme (please tell me you noticed the stars are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet diagonally).

Now to quilt and deliver.







6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I did notice the diagonal bands of color and thought it was a very nice effect. The whole things looks great!

Leslie said...

I love it! Makes me think of rainbow roses. Also makes me want to get out my bag of sell edges.

Anonymous said...

Do you have to do anything special when you're sewing the selvages? I can see all the little dots I recognize from the selvage, but I didn't think there was 1/4" or more from the dots to the edge -- do you use a smaller seam allowance?

Angie said...

This is beautiful :)

Michelle said...

Love it! I'm just getting on the "selvege" bandwagon...this quilt is very inspirational! :)

Annie said...

Love your selvage spiderweb, yup I noticed the different colored stars right away, really liked that!