Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Borders on Hearts and Gizzards


Just finished sewing on my second side's border.  Obviously, these blocks only take half as long as the ones with two corners appliqued.

I have caused some confusion (seems to be my specialty).  Someone asked if there was an online pattern for This Mother's Heart.  That's MY name for the block.  Historically it's called Hearts and Gizzards (although I can't find any explanation behind the name).  I found my pattern online at the Golden Thimble. 

This is one of the very few quilts that I have not made from scraps, 2" squares, or 1-1/2" strips.  I cut yardage right off of bolts.  That may not seem so unusual to some, but I can't remember the last time I cut fabric off bolts to make a quilt myself.  Shocking--I know!

I'm having a horrible time with seasonal allergies.  Was up until 4 AM coughing and then spent much of the day sleeping.  Not good for a routine.

~Joan

6 comments:

julieQ said...

First of all, I am sorry for your allergies...I moved to Texas and mine went away. Now that is truly weird, as most people have a horrible time with allergies here! I truly have enjoyed seeing your lovely Hearts and Gizzards come together...it is gorgeous!

Leeanne said...

This quilt is looking sooooo nice , I'm sure many will want to make it after seeing your version.
Fingers crossed for the sneezing to go away.Have you tried rubbing tiger balm on the soles of your feet? It has helped my kids from time to time.

suz said...

The quilt is coming along beautifully! Sorry about your allergies. I sneeze hard and constantly this time of year. I live on Mucinex DM - only thing I've found right now that works. Hope you feel better soon.

Teresa said...

I just love this quilt and want to make one everytime I see it!

Rose Marie said...

Lovely .... seeing your version is prompting me to get started on mine (I've had my EQ pattern printed out for some time now) ....

Anonymous said...

'hope you're soon feeling better. I found the website, thankyou. I'm afraid it's to tricky for me - a straight-lines-only girl!
Hugs. Audrey