Thursday, January 14, 2021

{Post 1,741} PA Visit & Strings Started

 

Our youngest daughter had a new baby girl 12/31/2000, and we went up (7 hour drive) to see her and the rest of her family for a few days (5, in fact). We had a marvelous time, but I had allergy problems while I was there. I had a sore throat, cough, fever, etc...all allergy symptoms. I am just feeling better today. 

In my recent sewing room clean-up, I found a stack of blocks (except for 5) that would make a good-sized quilt. I made the other 5 blocks. Yesterday I laid them out and picked them up to “web the top” a la Bonnie Hunter’s teaching. I love doing that because one ends up with one stack of blocks, sashing, and cornerstones that does not get turned around while assembling. Here is a picture of the blocks that have yet to be added and the second picture is what I have finished so far. I L-O-V-E the sashing color. Aqua/teal is my new color, and I’m trying to incorporate it into my home here and there. This quilt will be for us to keep.



Yesterday I also finished, labeled, washed & dried this beauty for a customer. It is 72” x 90”.


Last, but not least, is a pic of me and my new granddaughter. Babies are such a great way to start new people.











2 comments:

julieQ said...

What a lovely picture! Yes, a good way to start new people, LOL!! Love your string quilts, every one!

momtofatdogs said...

Sorry that your allergies were nasty. The picture of you & your new grandbaby are precious. You two nearly match! thanks for posting your quilt room cleaning too (previous post) I'm going to have to do some SERIOUS organizing myself soon.

Sam