Monday, October 19, 2020

{Post 1,729} Shirts, Shirts, and More Shirts


I love my upcycled shirts. Since I deboned the ones a few weeks ago at my son’s, the production of the 3 shirt quilts has been full-speed ahead. I finished the first one (from “What Can I Do With Ugly Fabric” from Just Get it Done Quilts). The second and third are well on their way to completion. 

Here is the second one...Rails & Frames as of tonight. I figured out how many more of each block I need, so I can finish this up soon.  It measures 44.5” x 72” right now, and I will be adding 3 more vertical rows to make it about 60.5” x 72”. I removed two of the blocks from the setting I showed yesterday. One of the plaid 4” framed blocks was on the diagonal, and it bothered me. So I removed it while it was still easy. I moved one of the rail fence blocks that was already sewn in because of the fabric placement.


The second one is the 2 + 4 = 6 quilt. I have quite a few of these finished. I have been making them as leaders and enders as I piece the other quilts. I took two pictures so I could see if I wanted to set it on point and use the streaks of lightning setting. Which one do you like better?

The blocks will finish at 6” square. There are lots more of these to do, but it is very enjoyable.



We are having company tomorrow night, so I have shopping and cooking to do that will be much more than I usually do. I love having company. Several errands to do tomorrow as well.







3 comments:

julieQ said...

I love them both! How much fun is that!!!

Unknown said...

Great job!

Maggie Ann said...

Your quilts have a ‘wow’ factor! For sure 😊 it is wonderful what you can make....I enjoy seeing them.