Wednesday, September 30, 2020

{Post 1,726} New Piecing Projects

 

I have started two new quilt piecing projects. The thing you should be thinking is “WHY?” It’s not like I don’t already have lots of UFOs. But when one is deboning men’s shirts and has lots of small pieces to use up...

You might remember these 31 six-inch rail fence blocks that I made in south GA last week.

Since I’ve been home, I started pulling all the yokes from my shirts that were previously cut up. I am also cutting for a pattern I just found on Pinterest that uses 2-1/2” squares (6 for each block) that I’m going to use for leaders/enders for the foreseeable future.

I’m thinking of calling this quilt “The yoke’s on you.” Get it? A play on “the joke’s on you”? You don’t get it. Well, maybe you’re not a Parker. 

 Here’s my rail fence blocks after making some last night and tonight.

The orange has been toned down some, but there are a lot more fabrics to go yet. I don’t want to use this ultra-simple layout. Any suggestions for how to use square string blocks? I want to make it somewhat more interesting. This isn’t floating my boat.

My eldest daughter had a baby on 9/20. I am going over every afternoon to home school her two oldest. I was there five hours today. I need to cut back on that. In fact, yesterday we discussed me bringing them to my house so there wouldn’t be distractions from the 2 and 1-year olds, not to mention the newborn. But my daughter has a sinus infection and mastitis as of today. I felt like it was an emergency rescue to go over and give her some backup.

Here is the Pinterest picture of the quilt I’m using as a leader/ended...

Surprise, surprise...mine will be from upcycled shirts.

That’s all for now. Have a lovely sleep. 







 



2 comments:

julieQ said...

You know I totally love your plaid quilt...love it!

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Joan, love that 2 patch + 4 patch. I can't help myself....the design zig zagging along in cheery colors is pretty. So will your rail fence blocks zig zag also? Sorry to hear your Daughter is not feeling well. It sounds like you are the saving grace for her....thats wonderful. Mothers are like no other on earth!