Saturday, January 25, 2020

{Post 1,703} What Else Is New Here


I have two other new things I am working on for my booth (well, two off a long list). One of the reasons I love doing this is that I can do whatever I want. I have no limits or minimums or anything. That alone is quite daunting. But I am forging ahead. I made another wood quilt pattern, and I love it. I think aqua/turquoise is my new color. It is 9-1/2” square. Anywho, this needs to be sanded and antiqued, but here it is (in sunlight through a curtain, so not a super good picture)...


Yesterday I picked up 3 silver trays at a thrift store for fifty cents each. I am painting those to be chalkboards. I am going to sew up some tiny bags for chalk to add to them and tie it on with jute (wrapped all the way around a couple times). I think they will be super cute. The ones here are “pool blue”, “maize”, and white chalk paint. I still need to touch up the edge of the chalkboard area and seal them.





1 comment:

Marsha B said...

It all looks great! Good luck with your booth, I hope you have a thriving business! What kind of wood do you use for the quilt block? It looks great!