Sunday, November 24, 2019

{Post 1,698} Vacation, Part Two


I think I last mentioned going to the Dixie Stampede. It was the Christmas show. I always get teary when the show starts. The audio and the overwhelming impact of the visual just overwhelm me. I have always loved horses. They are so powerful and majestic. Here is a pic from the live nativity scene. The wise men arrived a little earlier than the actual two-year mark.


We came back to the cabin and did something very mundane, but necessary. We cut out the preschool paperwork for a couple hours. There are so. Many. Papers. Crafts, stickers, and take home papers. We watched a couple movies from the kitchen table and snipped away. Well, it had to be done!

Yesterday we did a little shopping (we are looking for a particular ornament that we did not find in spite of looking in 3 Christmas stores). We bought one ornament for ourselves to commemorate our trip and one for my MIL. She is having her first personal Christmas tree at a log cabin she just moved into recently. A nine-foot tree and a smackerel of ornaments. I am going to help her with that. I am making her lots of my paint stick ornaments seen here https://shelbystitcher.blogspot.com/2019/11/post-1696-catching-up-again.html. Black background—no glitter. I also brought paper (and used it all up) to make 9 of these folded German stars.  They are almost 3” across. I made some to sell with extra-fine glitter on them. My MIL is not a glitter person.


Another movie last night during my origami session. Now that I’ve memorized the steps to make them, I’m making a bunch. I got the metallic gold paper at Hobby Lobby. It looks best if the paper is the same on both sides as both sides are seen once the star is made.

Now for my new favorite attraction in Pigeon Forge. I did not take any pictures. I guess I was overwhelmed with the most scrumptious meal I have ever had along with an eye-popping show that had gymnasts, divers, trampoliners (is that even a word), a juggler, seals, and more. It was called the Pirate Voyage. The Christmas version. Included a live nativity (after Mary rode in on a donkey). Just amazing. The meal was phenomenal. Best I’ve ever had out. Started with a biscuit and creamy veggie soup. A lightly breaded fried chicken breast (very KFC-ish in taste—yum), mac and cheese (best I’ve ever had), a ham slice, and then the piece d’resistance...sweet potato casserole. It was finished up with a peach turnover. My lands. As I kept reading in the Paula Deen store, “Put some South in your mouth!” Ha ha.

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I remember making those ornaments in high school. That looks beautiful in the gold paper.

Maggie Ann said...

You must have had a delicious time =) I made the German stars a couple of years ago....dipped them in the wax foot bath and then sprinkled fine glitter on them. I like those stars also. So clever and lovely....no money needed, just paper! I imagine they decorated many a tree way back when.