Saturday, July 20, 2019

{Post 1,676} Offending Block Removed


If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I’ve been working on my hand-cut and hand-pieced Grandmother’s Flower Garden for years.  One block has bugged me every single time I see it. Last night I took the plunge and decided to remove it and replace the purple round with a lovely fabric I picked up on the way from my grandson’s to my parents’ houses at a sweet quilt shop Friday afternoon.

The offensive block is the one with the dark red inner round and lilac with hideous flowers.


I basted and sewed 12 new lilac hexagons on this AM. I spend the spare minutes the rest of the afternoon and evening removing the old lilac hexies and sewing in the new ones. It was a relaxing time of sewing while I visited with my parents.

Here is the new look, and a picture of how much I’ve completed so far.








2 comments:

Marsha B said...

Looks like a lot of work but worth it. I do like the new version better!

Teresa said...

Beautiful quilt. Funny how sometimes when we look at one of our quilts, a specific block just bothers us. I like both the block you took out and the one you added.