Sunday, April 7, 2019

{Post 1,652} Retreat and Sewing


I got back late last night from a ladies’ retreat at a Christian camp in the mountains of NC. Such a serene setting. Great food, wonderful music. Like a little bit of heaven on earth. Because of stressors at home, I aimed to have a very relaxing time. I did drive up and back (about 2 hours each way) in my van so I could transport others. On Saturday, instead of going zip-lining (yea—right!), hiking (nope) or ingesting large amount of sweets, I took a two-hour nap. One of those never-move, didn’t-I-just-lie-down types. Felt wonderful. I got to have meals with friends. I also saw a few older friends whom I haven’t seen in years. All in all a good weekend.

My husband and I took another nap today after lunch for a couple hours. I am liking these naps. They are becoming a habit. I used to go-go-go ALL the time and beyond. Now I am seeing the need for rest. Emotional exhaustion is harder to recover from than physical.

Timmy was brought to church, so he’s been with us most of the day. While he “helped” Poppa outside after we all got up from naps, I sewed six more string blocks. That brings my total to 43. Here are the ones I have (minus one). They will finish at 6” square, so this would be 42.5” wide by 36.5” high.


No comments: