Wednesday, February 20, 2019

{Post 1,624} Cheating A Little


I stayed up after midnight for the second night in a row (I’ll pay for this soon). I made three more Moth in the Window blocks. I was just going to cut them out, but then I just could not wait to see how they would look stitched up.


I just love the top right one. I am purposely making some of the moths darker than the backgrounds now that I have nearly half of the quilt finished.  Adds more variety.

I am soooooo excited about the next 24 hours. My husband and I are driving to a nearby town (just an hour away), going to check into a hotel, go out for a fabulous supper, go to a Piano Guys concert, sleep in said hotel, then go out for breakfast in the AM before we come home. All. By. Ourselves!!!! And it is a cost-free trip for us!! To top it all off, we are both feeling much better (yet not 100%) today.

3 comments:

Marsha B said...

Love the new blocks, are you using men's shirts as the fabric? Enjoy your little trip, sounds like you deserve some time alone together!

blj said...

I really like the top right one also. Glad you and the hubs are getting out by yourselves. Enjoy!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like these blocks. The center looks like my garden mosaic blocks, so I guess I am making moths (not in windows) as well as butterflies! Glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a fabulous time!