Sunday, December 16, 2018

{Post 1,590} Long Time No Post

OK. I have been duly chastised. Not only have a few people I know in person hinted that they thought I was dead since I haven’t posted since July 2018, but a b-friend wrote it in a Christmas card to me. What can I say? I have been so busy with one thing and another that I can barely remember what those things were. I have had to go back and look at pictures to see what I’ve been up to...and I am not a frequent picture taker. I’ll go backwards chronologically and break it up into several posts for your ease and entertainment.

If you’re a new reader, you need to know that I have a big immediate family. My hubby and I have eight children. Six of them are married. The last two holdouts are in committed relationships. We have 9 grandchildren, and 2 more are expecting in 2019 so far. I frequently help them out with various things, sometimes with very little notice.

Our most recent (and currently ongoing) project is something small that has morphed into a huge, seemingly never-ending project. We had a decrepit screened-in porch that was literally eroding. It was an all-wooden structure. We have known for years that it needed replacing, but we were not eager to spend the money on it. It finally got to the point where we had to do something.

Here is my living room before we started. At this point, you should be wondering, “What does the living room have to do with the screened-in porch? Hence, the morphing. When 2/3 of the porch and all of its roof had been removed, we made the spontaneous decision to take our fireplace and hearth out as well.


No comments: