Saturday, January 20, 2018

{Post 1,575} Not Progress After All

Well, I was just bragging on my speedy piecing skills. It's kinda like a long trip when you realize you're making great time, but you're completely lost. My quilt is composed of A and B blocks. A's have dark squares on the corner. B's have light squares. Instead of making 7 more B squares, I made 7 more A's. So now I have:

1.  A quilt that will be twice as large, that needs 14 more B blocks.

2.  A baby quilt that still needs 7 more B blocks.

3.  Another long-term scrap project, because I need another project like I need another hole in my head (to quote my grandmother).

4. A headache-free head, since this easy piecing has helped my headache of 3 days go away!!

Stay tuned to see which is correct. This was not a test. Just a fun piecing morning. This gives me the opportunity to add in some more brightly-colored squares as well. Win/win.


3 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Very glad to hear your headache has abated. All of us have made the same mistake. I once made an entire large log cabin quilt in which all the blocks were pieced incorrectly. Love the colors in your quilt.

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

No matter what choice wins, it will be a fun quilt!

momtofatdogs said...

Don't feel bad. I do this too. happened when I was making a quilt for my grandson. I pieced the 9-patch blocks the wrong way....ended up doubling the size of the quilt. Oh well. He loves it.