Monday, January 1, 2018

[Post 1,567} Baby Quilt Finish

...well, except for washing and drying!  I made this quilt this past weekend, then quilted and bound it this AM. I also hand quilted around each letter in the name to secure it flat and make it look just a little nicer. 

My inspiration was a random baby quilt I saw on Pinterest. I had asked the new mom if she had a color preference (why do I always wish I had not done that?). She said gray and navy blue. I had not one thread of gray in my stash. I like gray, but I don't have any in my house. 

So I went to Hobby Lobby and got 1-1/4 yards of the gray and white chevron print. I used a navy blue shirt for the letters. The back is pieced from 6" pieces of plaid brushed cottons. It is about 42" square. 


It is not my original plan, but I love the way it turned out!

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Great job! Wonderful use of using what you had and what was needed.