Monday, June 6, 2016

[Post 1,523] One More Post For Tonight


My fellow blogging friend, Julie, has one of these quilts as her blog header picture.  I just winged it and am making one from hers.  No pattern.  One of my daughters has claimed this as her Christmas quilt this year.  I am making a piano-string border.  This is the center completely sewn together.


One of my friends made me two little "shelves" for under my sewing machine and desk area.  They allow my knees to bend at just the right angle and make less strain on my back.


Here is the back of an I Spy quilt for one of my little guys.  I forgot to take a picture of the front, but it was bold 4-patches alternating with novelty prints.


One of my long-time friend's daughter is getting married this Friday.  W-a-y back on April 29 she came over and we pieced this together.  We took turns.  I cut while she sewed (and then I pressed), and then I sewed for a while while she pressed.  In a short time, we had all the blocks sewn, pressed, and laid out.  She took them home to sew together into a center (no borders).












7 comments:

Leeanne said...

Love the scrappy plaid quilt. I always drool over Julie's one.......I really MUST make one!

julieQ said...

I love it! But you knew I would...

Gypsy Quilter said...

It sure looks like you're getting a lot of stitching in this summer! Lucky you.

Ruth said...

I like Julie's quilt too - and now yours. It's a good pattern to make. Maybe I'll think about making one. I just used the exact same map of America fabric on the back of a baby quilt that I made - it had a town map on the front that a little boy can drive his cars on. Fun quilt!

Ruth said...

I like Julie's quilt too - and now yours. It's a good pattern to make. Maybe I'll think about making one. I just used the exact same map of America fabric on the back of a baby quilt that I made - it had a town map on the front that a little boy can drive his cars on. Fun quilt!

momtofatdogs said...

Oh Joan! I love the string quilt! It is on my to-do list!

Beautiful.

Sam

momtofatdogs said...

Joan, what size are the blocks? Did you use a foundation? And, what size are your strips for the sashing? 1.5" ? This is on my very near list of quilts to-do! All in shirts of course.

Thanks in advance for the measurements!

Sam