Wednesday, April 27, 2016

{Post 1,518} Where Do I Begin?


Where do I begin?  How about where I left off?

I have a blog to journal events in my life.  I know you all are not interested in the day-to-day around here for the most part.  I like to track the progress of my quilts here and throw in a few other DIY projects.

Here is some quilty content.  

What is sad is that it took me about 10 minutes to remember for whom I made this quilt.  It is for two little girls in my Sunday school class.  My husband and I teach 2-5 year olds.  This is for two sweet sisters in our class.


Next up is the progress on my Maverick Stars.  Still determining the recipient for this one.  I have enough blocks to make a good-sized top now.  The blocks finish at 9-1/2" square.


I was going to help a woman make a table runner in preparation for her making a bed-sized quilt.  She did not like piecing.  Truly, the whole process was a struggle.  I made these two table runners/mats in preparation for helping her make a bed-sized quilt.  I pinned the instructions, but here is the link https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251357222930972127/.  From one set of strips, one makes the following two quilt tops.  The instructions were a bit nebulous.  The most frustrating part is that no end sizes are given.  I am going to quilt these and have them in my gift closet soon.  I love the colors.

17" x 25" and the other is 17" square.



That's all the quilty stuff for now.

My 1st and 3rd daughters recently bought houses.  Oh, the projects I've assisted them with over the past month.  Pictures to come.





3 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your Maverick Stars is beautiful! You are very kind and generous to gift your quilts

Ruth said...

I have been so busy that I haven't been reading many blogs, but today I finally noticed your post! I love the two projects. I might check them out. I have been busy making a T-shirt quilt and hoping to finish it soon. Other projects are in the works as well. Will look forward to seeing the projects for your daughters.

Jeanne said...

Great quilts!