Saturday, January 10, 2015

{Post 1,455} New Picture


If you can't take all these words, there is a pictorial review at the end.

This is sad.  In 4 days it will be a month since I posted.  I had to go back to see what I did share before starting this very long and very overdue post.  


Here's the thing.  My blog page is my "home page" for my browser.  Sure was tired of seeing Katie's quilt on there.  Let's see...my last few posts were spaced far apart.  They were 11/29--new nativity set-up, 12/3--bedroom/sewing room switch, and then 12/15--Katie's quilt.

I had a doctor check up for lab work yesterday.  She asked what was new since I saw her last.  Let's see, attended a birth as a birth assistant which was an all-nighter then catered a breakfast for 120 the next AM, my eldest son married, we kept 8 people in our house during wedding week, I altered all the bridesmaids dresses and baked the wedding cake and 200 cupcakes for that, had early Thanksgiving feast (which I prepared all of the food) for 22 twice that week, real Thanksgiving, gave away a large quilt, drove 10 hours to share a meal with extended family at Benihana's for my MIL's birthday, picked up my 21-month-old grandson to keep for a couple weeks so his mom could rest up so she could give birth Christmas Eve then recuperate without him under foot, my live-in daughter had hand surgery (so I helped watch her son and took care of her), chased older grandson around for a couple weeks, Christmas, cooked and hosted for a lunch for 25 then a fellowship for 50 in my house, New Year's Eve and day, several trips to SC/GA, and here we are!

Here's the past month in pictures...

(At James's wedding):


Family pictures the day before the wedding:


(Adopted "granddaughter" whose birth I assisted at)


New bedroom set-up:


This year's children's ornaments...paper pieced:


My dear friend, Susan, receiving her quilt (we had gone out for lunch, and I surprised her with the quilt, so I gave it to her in the parking lot...classy, classy):


Dinner in Atlanta with a smackerel of the crew:




(My newest granddaughter, held by HER great-great-grandfather who is 96):


(Me and Wes in Hawaii...just kidding):


(And this was yesterday...me making my live-in 6-month-old grandson laugh hysterically):


Today I sew.  Yes.  I sew.  The last thing I sewed was the ornaments shown above.  I made 6 of them.  The little buggers were more time-consuming than they appeared.  There is a local group called the 2nd Saturday Sewers.  My children are at church at a weekend retreat, so it works out perfectly for me to go sew 9:30 to 4:00 then pick them up.  I am looking forward to finishing a quilt top for my new bedroom.  Just determined last night how to finish the piecing.  It's an oldie, but a goody.










6 comments:

julieQ said...

Wow! You have been a wonderfully busy lady! So glad you have such an amazing family to enjoy. Now time for you to relax and sew!

Ruth said...

No wonder you didn't have time to post anything! I think you need a vacation - or something. Glad to have you back to blogging!

Kath said...

what fun that the baby has a drill to match his sweater. Gotta start them young LOL

Leeanne said...

Busy lady! The cup cakes look beautiful!

Natashahcoy@gmail.com said...

No kidding, you are a busy (mom, grandma, friend)! Thanks for sharing. I love the family picture!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...I bet your blood pressure was up by the time you were at the doctor appt? Wow...I would need to sleep for a week after all that! Great pictures...thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family and adorable grandkids!