Saturday, February 9, 2013

{Post 1,117} Painting Update

Here's Rachel's room.  I got the paint mixed early this AM at Lowe's.  I cut in and rolled the first wall.  It looked great.  

When I added paint to my roller tray and paint cup, it looked like a different color...pinker than the grape popsicle color I used earlier.  Hmmm...was it just my imagination?  Unfortunately, no.  I did the second wall.  

When I got to the third, I had to add more to the paint cup but not the roller tray.  Now there was a definite difference.  I was very discouraged as I had been painting for 5 hours already.  So I went to Lowe's and had them mix up a quart of grape popsicle and add it to what I had left in the gallon container and mix that.  I did the fourth wall (the one with the air conditioning ducts on it if you know the room).  That one has lots of cutting in.  I painted the whole small walls around the ducts with a brush.  Arm yelling ouch!  

I will repaint the whole wall with the different color cutting in and walls on Monday.  Right now my arms and neck are aching.  I just can't stop when I'm doing a huge job.  I should have.  I'm eager for Rachel to set the room to rights.  It looks like several natural disasters happened in there.  See the pics for evidence.

The first one is just the primer color so you can see the difference the paint makes (the paint looks a lot darker in person):

1 comment:

Frog Quilter said...

The purple color is,Devine.