Wednesday, August 14, 2013

{Post 1,236} Some Sewing on the Trip

With so many hours in the car (and a few minutes in the house when everyone was gone or whatever), I did some hand sewing on this trip to Florida over the weekend.  My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on 8/13, and my daughter was celebrating her 2nd on the same day.

Here is what I accomplished...NEARLY completing FOUR Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks.  I also basted a lot of the green diamonds that go between the blocks.  I arranged the ones in the second picture so one could see where the diamonds will go once the final layout is determined.

Since these pictures, I completed all four out to the cream rings.





I returned home with a few new projects to make for Emily.  She loves the shopping cart cover.  It turned out very well.



1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Queen size? I started one of these over 15 years ago and I only have about 30 blocks made. : )
We were married on my parents 26th anniversary.