Friday, April 19, 2013

{Post 1,168} Jeans to Skirt


I know many of you have been reading my blog for years.  You know I have 8 children, 4 of which are girls.  It may come as a surprise to you that this is something I've never done before.  I turned a pair of jeans into a skirt.  Yes, yes I did.

Here are the pictures.  I was just winging it.  Naturally I learned some things to make it easier next time.  I used the legs from one pair and the top from another because there wasn't enough length to use the same ones.  Maybe next time!

The skirt is not hemmed yet.  I have several other things going on today and could not get it finished in one sitting.  I did cut 2" off the length (from what is pictured) so Rachel would happily wear it.  You'll also notice that I changed the skirt from what you see in the second picture down.  After the sewing, neither of us liked the overlapped former jeans crotch look (I don't know how else to phrase that).  That was the way all the tutorials I saw online were done, but it's easy to make it a straight flat seam.
















1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

I like it withOUT that little flippy-do thing they do with the crotch seam too. That looks great.

Sam