Thursday, March 21, 2013

{Post 1,138} Floral String Quilt Recipient


This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Mrs. H.  She is one of the most positive and cheerful people I have ever known.  She is my adopted grandma.  

Last year I got an idea of making her a string quilt from my watercolor fabrics.  She is an avid flower gardener.  I even have some of her grand-plants...ones she started for me from her supply.  They are special to me.

There was a period of time where we would visit for 90 minutes or so every Wednesday night.  Sadly, it has been months since we've had a good sit-down chat.  So yesterday I made a point to spend some time with her.  I also got a pic of her with the lap-sized quilt I made for her last year (I had neglected to get a picture when I gave it to her).  It's about 60" square.  I didn't want her to get tangled up in it or have something too heavy for her to handle.


Mrs. H is a very young 88.  Love spending time with her.  

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Pretty little quilt for your friend. Sweet post.

Kath said...

what a fabulous quilt for a special lady. I particularly like the black sashing strips, they really give a lovely finish.