Thursday, August 30, 2012

{Post 1,043} We're Quilting!


Ivy could come over and play today, so she started her machine quilting.  She carefully laid out the ironed backing, batting, and top.  She carefully pinned an all-over grid.  She carefully machine quilted in the ditch around the star inner border.  

Saturday we will *carefully* machine quilt diagonal lines in the blue squares.  She is a careful quilter.  I should know...I am, too, and I am teaching her!




I did NOT get any good pictures of Ryan receiving his quilt, but I did come across these two fuzzy ones that I just realized were on my camera card (obviously candid pictures):



I will have to get a better picture of him with his quilt, with him smiling.  He has a smile that puts the sun to shame.

Check out my secret blog for a new project.

~Joan








1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Has Ivy considered using blue neoprine gloves to hold the layers more easily?