Saturday, August 18, 2012

{Post 1,040} Washed, Dried, and Quadrupled


Here's Ryan's quilt, washed, dried, and quilty:



I will give it to him tomorrow.

And this:


Became this:


Yes--just *that* fast!  These are pieced, but the sashings and cornerstones are just stuck to my design wall.  I think I'll call these the "Tree of Life" blocks.  Read Genesis 2:9.  Part of the verse says "And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food..."  Pleasant to the sight, for sure!

The blocks finish at 8" square, and the sashing is 2" wide.  The quilt has 25 blocks.  Four down, 21 to go!

Off to list a bunch of stuff in my Etsy store...ShelbyStitcher.  Come check it out!

I mentioned to my quilt-lovin' daughter this AM that I'm going to list and sell some of our older quilts (as in several years old, not antiques).  I actually saw her mind go into hoard mode.  What a shame!  I'll be checking under her bed soon ;)  She's already told me the first two she has decided to snatch/claim when the time comes for her to move out.

~Joan


5 comments:

Teresa said...

Your Tree of Life quilt is very nice. Looks like another to add to my bucket list. At the rate I am going, I hope God will let me bring my bucket with me to heaven.

Frog Quilter said...

Your quilts are beautiful. Tree of life blocks have always been one of my favorites. I like how you sashed them. Very effective --eye candy. Have good day. Enjoy that feeling when give the quilt away. Mmmmmmmmmmu

MARCIE said...

Your quilt turned out fabulous! You have an amazing assortment of plaids! Your trees are darling too. Such a fun way to use up squares.

Rose said...

I am a new follower and wanted to take a moment and tell you how much I love your quilts. I would also like to make a bricks in the barnyard quilt. Is this one or your patterns? If not, where could I purchase a copy?

Christina said...

So did Ryan like his quilt? I actually really like that one too. Love the navy with the plaid pattern/fabrics. and the white in it too.