Tuesday, December 27, 2011

{Post #865} My Other Girl

Susie asked me if I would sew with her this afternoon and evening.  I said, "No.  I hate to sew.  I don't have anything to sew.  We won't be watching a movie will we?  Will you force me to eat chocolate?"  Ha ha--then I snapped out of it and said, "Of course!  What will YOU be working on?"  She said she had a lot of alterations to do.  We all know how boring and monotonous that can be...but not when one sews with a friend.  Did you think I meant ME?  That *I* was her friend?  That is too normal for my Susie-Q.  She was sewing with her duct tape double.  Here they are...


Do NOT be alarmed.  That is not Susie's usual facial expression.  She was hamming it up for the camera.  If you look closely at the neckline of the double, you see it is made out of duct tape.  Basically, one dons an old shirt and has someone (in this case a sister) completely cover their torso with duct tape...tightly wrapped.  Steve made her a sword out of duct tape to complete the outfit.  I don't think they cut the form with the sword, however deceiving the picture may be. 


You cut up the back of the tape and shirt underneath, then tape it back up after removing and stuff it.  Voila!  You have a duct tape double.  Here is Emily (who appears legless, as does the Susie form) stuffing the form with wrapping paper that we had just emptied moments before.  So it's a green and gray craft! 


Susie says it really comes in handy when doing fitted alterations.  I can only imagine how difficult it would be to pin pleats on my own back while wearing a garment.  I'll tell you, that girl is one creative genius!

~Joan

No comments: