Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spools Going Up, Too!


What quilter could resist a spool quilt? I've been piecing these as fast as I can cut them out. This is my current leader/ender project. The top picture is ones that are all sewn together. You might remember this picture. I decided to take that unit and set it on point.


The second picture is all the ones I have pieced just laid out on the design wall with the others. I want to add rows diagonally, so I'll probably add a row once I have a good assortment of colors. I am making several of the same color at once. Naturally, I want them spaced out over the surface of the quilt, so I will do this the old-fashioned way. Diagonal rows are more tedious as far as sewing the blocks to each other. Can't web the top with these. But patience is a virtue, and one I need to work on for sure.

Off to put my Tulip Chains top together.

~Joan

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

Oh, I am drooling! I want one too. When you mentioned which book the pattern you're using is in.....I hunted through my library & found it. Turns out , I hae one too! Book, I mean, not quilt. Not yet anyway.

I also like the spool quilt in the Mimi Deitrich - Bed & Breakfast Quilts Book.

Of the 2 patterns, I think I like the smaller Spools better!

You are too talented!!

Sam