Saturday, January 10, 2009

Valentine Table Runner


For those of you who are new readers, I must explain that our kitchen table is not status quo. We have 10 in our family, so all runners must be economy size! I realized as I was putting away our Christmas decorations that we did not have a Valentine's holiday table runner.

I like quilted table runners...at least I get to see them several times a day! With that in mind, I pulled out a pattern I bought last year. Since I am handicapped because I only use Thimbleberries fabrics (at least 99% T'b), I was limited in my fabric selection (I have about 100 bolts here). The runner is 58" long finished, so I am only showing half so you can see the details. I changed the pattern from the original, so there was a little unsewing involved.

This is unquilted in the picture. It was machine quilted by me after the photo shoot with variegated cream thread cross hatched in the center and stipple quilted everywhere else with invisible thread. My 2nd daughter offered to hand-sew down the binding...I had to accept.



There is a panel of one fabric (the cream background of the heart blocks) in the center. I think it measures about 16" x 58"). Perfect for our table!

~Joan

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I love your table runner and the quilt you are hand quilting in rows too. You can't go wrong with thimbleberries, although I really don't have very much of it, I do love it.

Anonymous said...

I love this. I don't have a Valentine runner either and this one is a little unusual and a real inspiration